"Ottawa's Most Trusted Photographer" ™
By Appointment Only
We are closed Sat. Sun. & Mon.
Saturday mornings are reserved for prepaid family portraits.
We offer photo studio sessions from 10AM to 1PM.
Sorry NO Passport or PR Photos
Small Ottawa Photo Studio Earns Good Karma by Giving Back
Inspired by an audio program by Ben & Jerry's (yes the ice-cream guys) I heard decades ago, I thought of a way a little business like mine could make a difference to those less fortunate. I knew I would never be able to write large cheques to the various charities I liked so I came up with several "Don't pay us, pay them" charity promotions. The idea was simple, we would run promotions and offer our services free to those people that would make a contribution to the selected charity. They would save some money and get the tax receipt, we would earn the good karma.
Over the last couple of decades we were able to help in a small way. Rotary International honored me with a Paul Harris Fellowship in recognition of my efforts.
- Wheelchair Foundation Canada, 48 wheelchairs purchased and delivered to third world countries.
- WaterCan, our portrait promotion raised funds and built a well in Ethiopia providing safe clean water to the Bachoo-Ilu village.
- Smile Train, we raised $1125. Enough to provide four children with free cleft pallet surgery.
- We raised $694 enough to pay for 347 hot meals for the homeless at the Salvation Army's Downtown Ottawa Soup Kitchen
- Polio Plus, raised money to buy 3,600 does of the Polio vaccine.
- 1989 Ontario Games for the Physically Disabled, Bronze Patron Sponsor
Recognized By Rotary International
It was nice to be recognized by Rotary International with Rotary's coveted blue sapphire lapel pin. Presented to me in recognition of my long time support of Rotary's Disaster Response Fund. Seen here with president of the Rotary Club of Ottawa South David Gough and Eva Hammond. Eva is a long time friend and mentor. She sponsored me to join Rotary over twenty years ago and it was nice to have her there.
Well, Chickens of Course
2020 being a very hard year for all of us I wanted to help some of the most needy.
I received a World Vision Gift Catalog in my inbox. Too easy I thought. So I went on a shopping spree buying chickens, school supplies, emergency food supplies, children's boots, sports equipment, seeds and farm tools for Africa’s most needy. I feel so good about my choice that I have decided that this will be a new tradition for me.